Monday, January 25, 2010

In search of a Moniker

Lunching with my friend Marie Fischel today, the issue of my hospital rep was raised.  Based on my "unique" patient style, Marie, a dentist herself, suggested that I quickly claim my own hospital moniker/label/nickname before hospital staff "assigned" me one.  Although in all honesty, I'll bet the staff didn't miss a beat in slapping a lovely secret pet name on my charts based on my performance/visit last week.

SO for those of you creative souls with nothing better to do in this grey month of January, let the naming begin.  Suggestions will be taken until February 1st, as I feel that I should not start the new month without a proper moniker.  The prize shall be your very own pirated hospital gown.  Don't hold back.  I know that some of you have just been waiting for an excuse to let it rip.

3 comments:

Lisa Peterson said...

Yes this could be fun Susan! There is the obvious name - The Amazing Woman of Steel, but that isn't too affectionate and is a mouthful.

In thinking this over I came upon Steel Magnolia.

In researching the magnolia a bit, I found out that the magnolia's natural range is in South East Asia. This reminded me of you and your husband wearing the beautiful Japanese garb in some of the photos on your Facebook page.

So, anyway, did you know that the bark of the magnolia has been found to have anti-anxiety uses? That appeals to me!

The Magnolia species was first named after Pierre Magnol in 1703 by Charles Plumier when he described the flowering tree on the island of Martinique. Martinique is a magical place that I would visualize if taking chemo or enduring some other unpleasant procedure.

The Magnolia is an ancient flowering tree and I think of Susan as having an old soul.

So that all said, I think I like the simple, easy to say, meaningful and kind of silly moniker "Maggie" after Steel Magnolia.

See what happens when you throw down a challenge and it is like 6am? LOL

Blessings to you Susan and I understand if the moniker "Maggie" doesn't work, but at least the thought process is going here.

Much love,
Lisa P :)

Unknown said...

I vote for Steel Magnolia -

Ginny

Anonymous said...

wishing you well! mmg